K-State Alumni Association Privacy Notice
The K-State Alumni Association is committed to safeguarding privacy. We understand
that collecting and processing personal information is an important topic. This page
addresses concerns about personal data collection and provides information about what
is collected and how it is used. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns regarding this notice.
This website may disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process involving the website.
Why is personal information collected?
It is essential and necessary for the Association to collect, process, use and/or maintain the personal data of Kansas State University’s alumni, students, donors and others to achieve its mission and perform alumni relations efforts to promote engagement and philanthropy on behalf of K-State.
Whose information is collected?
The Association collects information about:
- Students (both current and past)
- Parents of students (both current and past)
- Faculty and staff (both current and past)
- Friends (spouses, other donors and supporters of K-State)
- Corporations that donate or otherwise support K-State
What information is collected?
The Association collects:
- Contact information – home and business addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and social media contact information
- Demographic information – names, titles, gender, birth and death dates, and ethnicity
- Student information obtained from campus records – degrees, majors, organization involvement, activities, awards and sports involvement
- Employment information – company names, job titles and industry information
- Family information – spouse's name, children's names and birth dates, and familial relationships
- Alumni information – activity interest and participation, event attendance, volunteer interests, organization affiliations, committee participation, awards and honors, and preferences
- Donor information – giving information regarding any donation which is made or for which someone receives credit
How is information collected?
Information is collected through a variety of sources, including:
- Self-provided information online or via phone
- Event or activity registrations
- Student records
- Postal records
- Surveys and focus groups
- Other information service bureaus
What is done with collected information?
Collected information is used only for Association purposes, including:
- Promoting alumni events, products and services
- Conducting research and analysis to better understand alumni attitudes, preferences and interests
- Business partners: The Association engages with various high-quality partners to offer substantial products and services to benefit alumni. In each of these partnerships, alumni data shared with these partners is strictly controlled by the Association.
As a recognized not-for-profit corporation through both its corporate charter and
under IRS 501(c)(3) guidelines, the Association is not subject to the provisions of
the Kansas Open Records Act, which provides that all Kansas citizens are entitled
to view the records of state agencies upon request.
Opting-out of third-party information sharing
You may limit the sharing of information and direct marketing by contacting us at email@example.com or 785-532-6260 to edit your preferences.
Credit card transactions
Some features of this site enable credit card transactions. These features are completely voluntary. They include event registrations, purchasing merchandise, online donations, membership payments or the payment of other types of fees through the site. This site uses industry standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) servers on our transaction pages. It encrypts your personal information including name, address and credit card number to prevent unauthorized access as the information travels over the Internet.
The European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
The purpose of the GDPR is to protect all EU citizens from privacy and data breaches in an increasingly data-driven world. The Association takes seriously its duty to protect all personal data it collects or processes, regardless of whether the person is located in an EU country. The Association follows all provisions of the Institute's EU General Data Protection Regulation Compliance Policy.
Links to other sites
This site contains links to other sites. This site is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
This site has the right to make changes or additions to this policy at any time. If you have questions regarding this policy, please check this policy periodically or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.