Children and grandchildren of K-State alumni are invited to apply for the K-State Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship.
Approximately 150 scholarships are awarded each spring for the following scholastic year. View the list of the 2016 Legacy Scholarship recipients.
• At least one parent, step-parent, grandparent or legal guardian must be a K-State alumnus.
• Scholarships will be awarded to in-state, out-of-state and international students.
• Scholarships will only be awarded to recipients enrolled in 12 or more credit hours at K-State per semester, or nine or more credit hours if enrolled as a graduate student.
• Preference is given to students whose qualified parent, step-parent, grandparent or legal guardian is an active, dues-paying annual or life member of the Association.
• High school and current K-State students must have a grade point average of at least a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale (3.6 with 24 college credits for transfer students).
• A high school candidate must complete a general scholarship application by the deadline established by the university. All other students must complete a general scholarship application by Feb. 1.
• Qualified applicants must be able to answer YES to these questions on the general scholarship application:
- I have at least one parent that graduated from K-State OR I have at least one grandparent that graduated from K-State.
- I have at least one parent or grandparent that is an active, dues paying annual member or a life member of the K-State Alumni Association.
• Students must be admitted to the university.
• Scholarships are not applicable to summer school.
• The university scholarship committee will select the recipients for the K-State Alumni Association Legacy Scholarship. Factors to be considered are scholarship, leadership and financial need. Determination of financial need is based on information provided on FAFSA application.
• With more than 1,500 applicants, please note not all qualifying students will receive this scholarship. Students are encouraged to apply each year that they are enrolled at K-State.
• Funding is provided through the K-State License Plate Program and donors to the Legacy Scholarship Fund.
• Contact the K-State Admissions Office for information on the university's Heritage Scholarship.
• For questions, contact Terin Walters at 785-532-5052 or TWalters@k-state.com.